kirkhampuppets

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Hello! A New Year...

Ahhhhh. I can almost here you now. 'Something has been missing from my life, and I haven't been able to put my finger on it...'til now, that is!' Yes, breathe a sigh of relief, the latest, and late, installment of Kirkham Puppets has arrived, with not one, but two tasty marionettes to start off the New Year. On the left you will see Anouk the rabbit, on the right Raleigh the frog. They are reclining comfortably on my ironing board in the studio, waiting to be strung. If you recall from the previous entry (or just look down, it's right there for Pete's sake) these two were but a sparkle in my eye. Though Raleigh hasn't changed much since his inception, Anouk did, morphing from business rabbit to lady rabbit. So I have yet to make a necktie for a puppet.
What's next? you may well be asking, out loud or to yourself. Oh, I don't know, how about............. a tassel cat? I'll bet you are just dying to see one in the flesh, so to speak. Maybe some other unusual creatures as well, that have not yet been conceived of. Tres exciting. So off I go, happy puppeting, and stay warm.
Ciaociao Kirkhampuppets

ps. Thanks to the infamous SockMonty for the kick in the pants that Kirkhampuppets needs from time to time to get posting! KP

3 Comments:

  • At 11:46 p.m., Blogger Sock Monty said…

    You're welcome! I will happily kick you in the pants any time you like, since, after all, I am very small & soft, and I would not harm you in the least bit!

     
  • At 12:12 a.m., Blogger Sock Monty said…

    oh tassle cat, where do you meow?
    wandering the strange puppet places?
    do tassle cats have picnics,
    with egg toss and rice sack races?

    oh tassle cat, meow do you do?
    I would like to sing with you,
    what songs a tassle cat might know,
    we would put on such a show!

    oh tassle cat, how do you purr?
    wishing upon tassle stars in the night,
    do tassle cats go camping,
    and roast marshmallows over fires bright?

     
  • At 8:04 p.m., Blogger Sock Monty said…

    Do you make Monkey Puppets?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home