kirkhampuppets

Monday, July 18, 2005

My first message to the masses...

Well, What to write. I have never been much of a journal writer, although I really like the idea of keeping a record of sorts to look back on when I am old. I do intend to be old, yes. Many people have an idea in their heads of how long they think they will live. Some for not very long. Me, I think I'll live until my nineties sometime. And if I get to 100, I'll do something fun and not at all good for me, like chainsmoke unfiltered cigarettes. My as yet unborn 60ish year old children will be properly horrified.
I think for this post I will simply introduce myself in relation to Kirkham Puppets and leave it at that for today. Kirkham Puppets is a small business I started up about 3 years ago. It involves me making puppets, as well as making various puppet friends that insist on teasing and irritating the aforementioned puppets. I try to make them get along, and end up saying things like..."Come on, you guys, you are all made from the same cloth, show a little respect for each other. Don't make me come back there with the seam ripper." But, as with children, the threats never seem to have the desired affect (complete respect and obedience). Such is life.
Anyhoo, as "puppets and puppet friends" is a little vague, allow me to elaborate...
  1. Hand puppets
  2. Finger puppets
  3. Moonie puppets
  4. Marionettes
  5. Lucky rabbits
  6. Beach Dolls
  7. Crazy Button Eye Dolls

The preceding list are created with papier mache, fabric, paint, trims, buttons, beads, sequins, etc.. The list is long and glittery. Some of the dolls and puppets get outfits. Some do not. Some have hard heads and hands, some have soft. Some have names, some do not. (It is too bad that I do not get around to naming them all, even the little ones. This would eliminate the problem of the puppets and dolls with names calling the nameless ones made up, unimaginative names of their own creation. Names like "Porfip" and "Gleepoom". They make no sense, and I think the nameless ones are more puzzled than offended.)

Well, enough for today. The airconditioner is on, and I am ready for bed. I hope to get some pictures up soon, so's you (a collective you) can put a face to the puppets.

Ciaociao, Kirkhampuppets

3 Comments:

  • At 2:59 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is wonderful!! It's about time you did this Kelly. More people need to see your puppets and puppet friends. You are an incredible artist, so creative and original. Can't wait to meet more of your little creatures.
    mnkyrsqr

     
  • At 5:38 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    this is too awesome! I love your puppet friends, and can't wait to return to the site when you have more up. Wondering what moon puppets are? I will have to wait and see. Obviously you are very talented, and have a wacky sense of humour! ...Encore! Encore!

     
  • At 7:13 p.m., Blogger Kirkham Puppets said…

    Thanks you two! It is heartening to see such positive comments. I will endeavor to keep this site updated and interesting.
    KP

     

Post a Comment

<< Home