kirkhampuppets

Monday, July 18, 2005

Let me introduce to you...

Well Yay! Look who dropped by for a visit. Sherlock Holmes! He is one of the more detailed puppets. He is also human; this distinguishes him from many of the other puppets as they are predominately animals. He was a lot of fun to create; I love a challenge. His head and hands are made of papier mache and painted with acrylics then varnished. His outfit is sewn (out of oh-so-trendy tiny green check) and a tag is attached.
Sherlock here was made for a good friend of mine who's father is a big fan of Sherlock. He (S. Holmes, although I suppose "He" could also pertain to my friend's Dad just as easily) is now living a comfortable and dignified life amidst other Sherlockian paraphernalia.

Kirkham Puppets is soon moving to a new location. It will be a good time to go through all of my supplies and reorganize. Because, as you may know, puppet making is a decidedly messy and spread-out-all-over art. I would like to make part of a wall as a show area for my good puppet friends, not only for them to be able to talk to one another and look pensively out the window from time to time, but also for visiting customers to have a large selection of puppets to see and buy. Ah, so crafty, so wily!

Ciaociao for now, and happy puppeting... Kirkhampuppets



2 Comments:

  • At 10:47 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    AHHH, what can you say about Kelly and her amazing puppets. For as long as I can remember she would talk to her hands and feet as if they were real people so it only makes sense that this is the next step. I do, in fact, have an original KIRKHAMPUPPET, he is definately close to my heart. I would love to abduct, I mean, obtain another fat, orange, furry one for my collection. For all animal lovers out there, thank you KiKi with the yelly hair for this beautiful art that we call"puppets"!!!!

     
  • At 10:30 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Where is SHerlock? I want to see Sherlock. Is this the Emperers' New Sherlock? I can't see anything. Is Sherlock out playng in the lemon balm with Polkaroo? Hmmmm...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home