kirkhampuppets

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Oktobrrrr...


Neigh neigh! I am a horse! Look at me! Snort! Gimme an apple! Get off my back!
If you had trouble figuring out what the mask to the left is supposed to be, even with such excellent hints as those above, I will tell you. It is a horse mask, one of the superglitterandgold series. I am especially pleased with the mouth and snout area. Do horses have snouts? Perhaps "snout" is a rather undignified term. Perhaps I should say "muzzle" or "schnozz"... horses can be so sensitive.
This mask was a bit of a trial due to the way the ears attached to the nose. I think an entire head mask would be better.
Will I be doing more masks in the near future, you ask? Well, no, not the near future, but in the middle future. Right now I am making more hand puppets, especially ones with feet, and marionettes. And, of course, finger puppets. Because who doesn't love a finger puppet? I sure can't think of anyone.
FYI... in case you are curious, this and other masks are made of heavy wire mesh, pizza boxes, masking tape and papier mache. I do not leave pizza in the pizza boxes. I eat it.

Yours in the chill of October, finally...... Kirkhampuppets

P.S. My fabulous and cantankerous model is Brynley. What a sport. KP

1 Comments:

  • At 11:05 p.m., Blogger Sock Monty said…

    I am happy to see the horse mask! I have some friends who are horses and other sorts of equine. I thought the proper term for horse-nose was shnout, but I am not an expert. I will have to ask my friends. I wish I had a horse mask...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home